Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2001 GC/Limited V8 Sprung a leak in radiator, in one of the…

2001 GC/Limited V8 Sprung a...
2001 GC/Limited V8 Sprung a leak in radiator, in one of the tubes.
Is it worth trying to save the original radiator with 156000 miles on it?
If I need to remove it will you send me detailed instructions on how to remove it without destroying to many things! Thanks Bruce
3/28/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

when you say GC does that mean jeep grand cherokee? I can also look up your vehicle by the vin as well

Limited with V8

ok you will want to get a new radiator, give me just a few mins ill get you all the info you need

ok here is a list of radiators you can get, the spectra are just fine no different from the high dollar models

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2001,grand+cherokee,4.7l+v8,1381452,cooling+system,radiator,2172

Limited with V8. I have my own personal shop with a 2 post car lift, and have been working on my own cars since I was 13, I'm 74 now.

here i the removal procedure
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uupv9ts3gh8a64a/wed3.docx?dl=0

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for the great rating! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to add me to your favorites list for assistance in the future.

Need more help on removing the radiator!

ok whats going on?