Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have this code in my 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo C 2205,

What can this be? Can...
I have this code in my 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo C 2205, What can this be? Can the code trigger the airbag light on?
3/26/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Technician

Hi there - this is a steering angle sensor code, to do with the stability control system.

Is the airbag light on too?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the airbag light is on as well? how much will the part cost and labor?

The code you've given me doesn't relate to the airbag light.

However, I will check a couple of things for you. Can you habg on for a couple of minutes?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
take your time

Regarding the airbag light, does the horn and steering wheel controls still work?

OK - the picture is becoming clearer.

NOTE: Steering angle sensor is part of the airbag clockspring and is not serviced separately from the clockspring. - this is from the service materials.

I'll get a price on the clockspring and labor for you if possible...

Clockspring(###) ###-####F $717.00 - this is the manufacturer's part number - and 1/2 labor to install it.

The steering angle sensor is part of the clockspring, and the clockspring is what electrically connects the airbag to the airbag control module - there is an open circuit, so the code sets. There would be a code in the airbag control module as well.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. Regards, Canuck

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
replacing the clockspring will get rid of all the lights?

From this side of the internet, based on your description, I would give it a 92.7% chance of solving the trouble. The codes in the airbag module and ABS module will still need to be cleared.

There may be an aftermarket part available. I'll check for you.

No luck on the aftermarket part - I checked Autozone, and Rock Auto

OK, that covers it. Please close the question, and rate my answer. Regards, Canuck

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok then now how can i make the vehicle more fuel efficient? I already swap out thd spark plugs with some NGK ones. I also added a fuel additive (stp). But i still feel like the car is consuming to much fuel?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
The

If the check engine light isn't on, and it runs well, you are pretty much in business.

There are many, many factors that contribute to overall fuel economy. You are driving a Jeep, with many rotating driveline components. It doesn't have any of the fancy new technology, like stop/start, cylinder deactivation, or a flux capacitor. (Joking about the flux capacitor - look it up if you don't know what it is...)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ha ok thanks, ***** ***** am mechanically inclined but for sure not a pro. How hard would it be to swap out the ClockSpring in my vehicle?

It isn't too tough if you've done one before - the driver's side airbag has to come out (you might want to disconnect the battery) the steering wheel has to come off (you need a puller), and then you get to the clockspring, which if you install incorrectly, will fail the first time you turn the steering wheel. The weel has to be centered, and so does the clockspring. So... I dunno - for 1/2 hour's labor, is it worth risking a $700.00 clockspring? Just my thoughts.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i found this on ebay Steering Wheel Clockspring Mopar For Chrysler Jeep Dodge(###) ###-####F 07-16 NEW would that clock spring fit my jeep?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2018-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-AIRBAG-STEERING-WHEEL-CLOCKSPRING-5156106AF-MOPAR-/322105131298

I found this one on eBay - the number you gave me. This vendor is requesting a VIN number before ordering - so to answer your question, I don't know for sure. The part numbers are different. You may wish to ask a dealer, as I don't have an OE parts database

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok thank you, ***** ***** am trying to do a drain and fill where is the transmission pan located at and how many quarts do I need?

I would be surprised if the lower-cost clockspring has the steering wheel sensor... Just my take on the situation.

My friend... It is time to close up the question.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ok answer the last question and ill closed it up

Here is a better solution for you - it seems like you are doing a bunch of work on this vehicle - this will give you access for a year, and the answers you need, at a cost effective rate!

http://alldatadiy.com/?affiliate_id=167352&click_id=2275247958&affiliate_id=167352

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Technician
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Technician