Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Need to remove headrest. How do I disconnect the wire and do…

Need to remove headrest...

Need to remove headrest. How do I disconnect the wire and do I need then. I am installing headrest DVD screens

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jeep. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No ma'am

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
3/25/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. In order to disconnect the wire, you will need to remove the back of the seat back. Stand by while I look up the procedure. Be back asap.

Chris

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thank you

Ok, click on the link below to see the info. Hopefully this will help. Now your Jeep has active headrests. In other words the headrests have a solenoid in them that releases a spring and causes the headrest to go forward in the event you are rear ended. So if you disconnect that wire going to the headrest, the air bag light will remain on. But I think you could measure the resistance of that solenoid and wire a resistor of the same value of the solenoid across the terminals in the seat connector where you disconnected the headrest. That should make the airbag module see the proper resistance and keep the light off.

I hope this helps,

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra, and does not close this session. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

I need to get off line for about an hour, but will check back with you when I get back on.

Chris

Okay, I am back now. Were you able to see the information I sent you?

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply. I have not heard back from you since I sent you the information you requested. If you did not receive it, please let me know and I will send it again. I will check back with you later tomorrow.Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Got it and yes it was helpful. I am having issues getting the censor for the airbag connected. I just got semi done installing headrest monitors. Bigger job than anticipated. Any idea for the sensor for the airbag. Aftermarket addon?
Thank you for the positive rating! As far as the sensor, which one are you talking about? The airbag squib connector in the seat? Or ??
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the squib connector

It should just push straight into the airbag inflator in the seat. You may have to pull the red lock up a bit, then plug the connector in, and then push the red lock down.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman