Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

How i get the security system to pick up on my chip key. No…

Customer Question
How i get the...

How i get the security system to pick up on my chip key

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No good shape turns over no start light on dash wont respond to key

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2000 jeep grand Cherokee, dase model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing my self, locked and unlocked car with fob, disconnect battery and reconnect, lock and unlock with key, note just put a brand new computer in it as well factory spects

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope thats it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
3/25/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 1 month ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Do the gauges work with the key on?

Is the security light on of flashing on the cluster when you try to start it?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman