Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I can’t get the maintenance light to go off on my 1992 jeep…

Customer Question
I can’t get the...

I can’t get the maintenance light to go off on my 1992 jeep Sahara. I read the codes by turning the ignition on and off and came up with 3 5 3. I have also disconnected the battery over night. The engine is running great.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The maintenance light not the check engine light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '92 Jeep?

Sahara

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it in to a mechanic for a tune up and a little R and R. The light was on when I took it in

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/24/2018
Jeep Mechanic: tim's auto repair, Mechanic replied 3 months ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

tomturn off the maintenance light you will need a drb1 scanner After necessary emission maintenance has been performed, connect Diagnosis Read-Out Box II (DRB II) to the on-board diagnosis connector. Follow instructions indicated by DRB II tool.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmyap6nwjzitsnb/0324-jeep-Diagnostic%20Connector%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/nmyap6nwjzitsnb/0324-jeep-Diagnostic%20Connector%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help