Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

U1424 code. U1424, no I have not tried to reset it. 2016…

U1424, no I have...

U1424, no I have not tried to reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2016 grand cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd like to if I can. Haven't tried anything so far, just started to google what the code means

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a P0340 code as well

3/23/2018
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark, and I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Sounds good. Thanks Mark.

Thanks for your patience.

Jeep has released some updated software to address cases where both of these codes are set erroneously. This has been outlined in Technical Service Bulletin(###) ###-####br />REV. C.

What your dealer will do is re-program the powertrain control module with the updated software and this will be free of charge.

Hope that helps.

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!

My Jeep was driving very odd though. I'm not sure what gear it was in, but it wouldn't shift as I was accelerating. Do you think this software update would solve this?

Absolutely. Have the software updated and that should take care of things for you.

Ok. Can I take it to any Jeep dealer in the area to update this for free? I bought the car used and haven't been to any Jeep dealer yet.

You bet, any dealer can do this for you.

Mark