Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L that has weird

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L that has weird symptoms. Symptoms: The radio works, for a little while till the engine gets hot. I get a static electric shock every time I touch the door. That Lately when i've been running it The electric shock and intermittent radio have been going on for a year or so....not that necessary to fix, BUT may be part of these other symptoms.... Lately when I drive it, it ran great and if it was a hot/warm engine start, it would run but said "NO BUS". I turned the lights on and off and it solved the issue but was concerning. That happened twice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Headlights. Now when I try to start it after it's warm, it acts like the starter is going out. Until just recently it was fine and I put in a new starter in....2015. Additionally some peripheral items are going in and out: the rear window wiper works when the engine is cold, but not hot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, am not fixing myself. Had the engine code read at a shop, it said "No Bus" and they cleared it out. Haven't done anything with it yet because this mechanic wants to get take the dash apart....They have been great so far on other things like brakes etc, but I don't think the dash has to come apart. The only other thing that is small but may be important.... For years if I used the right blinker (doesn't do it with left), and turn the Jeep off and wait a few minutes there is a very distinct and loud "buzzing" noise. Could it be as simple as some switches are causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'd like to have someone who is potentially familiar with this weird situation. Am willing to travel about 100 miles from 54981 to get it fixed. Anything else that would be good for them to know?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 30 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman