Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2011 Jeep liberty. I was planning on grabbing

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Jeep liberty. I was planning on grabbing lunch, so i went to start my jeep but it wouldnt turn over. The dash lit up, the fan turned on, but the keep didnt start. There was a faint click like it was trying to. When I tried a 2nd and 3rd time nothing happened - no lights, no fan, no clicking

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Its definitely not the bulbs, the engine wont start at all and nothing in the car is turning on. What should I look for fuse wise?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I've only tried to start it. Right now im just looking for suggestions on what could possibly be causing this/ what i should try

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

3/23/2018
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

By the sounds of it you may just have a dead battery.

The first thing I would do is try a jump start and see if that helps, or swap in another battery. ..........whichever is more convenient for you.

Try that and let me know how you make out, ok?

Ok thanks, I'll give that a try!
Sounds good. Let me know.....
Mark