Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I call it a phantom vibration, 65 to 70 mph, dose not happen

Customer Question

i call it a phantom vibration, 65 to 70 mph, dose not happen all the time, this vibration ,starts softly between the front seats, you can feel it coming, right from the floor, and just increases, going faster or slowing down dose not change anything, but as soon as you stop the jeep and start going again, vibration is gone.?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no on checking the battery terminals, never herd of this one ,why
JA: Are you fixing your Phantom yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no on myself,still under driveline warranty,but every time we go thru this with the dealer, same routine, we loose the jeep for a couple of days, it gets old
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thats it in a nut shell
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Mark replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

What year and model of Jeep do you have?

Has it been lifted? Over sized tires?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just received a text from my bank regarding 3 charges and I haven't had the oppertunity to talk to anybody yet. I'm not comfortable going any further. Please cancel my request.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please call me at(###) ###-####