Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2009 jeep wrangler sahara 4x4. The vehicle does a…

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 jeep wrangler sahara 4x4. The vehicle does a single chime about every 30 seconds or so give or take. Like a door is open or some sort of alert. It only started last night after semi heavy rain we have gotten in the area. I'm not sure if that even has anything to do with it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes headlights turn on. I had a check engine light on recently that was for low voltage but it went away on it's own the next day. I did have a battery and alternator test on it and they checked out ok. The jeep wasn't started for like a week

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried making sure all doors and lights are off and that the E brake lever is fully disengaged. I also checked the battery and charging system

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thts pretty much it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
3/22/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 1 month ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Any warning lights ON like door ajar .

Typical is the rear liftgate window open .

Check then please get back to me .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It seems like the sound is coming from the dash/ Gauge cluster

yes that is where the chimes will come from .

but do you have any warning lights ON when the engine is running .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, none. No warning lights on what’s so ever

Are the head lights ON when this happens or happens also with headlight OFF .

Greg

Or did you fit LED or HID lights .

Greg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This has occurred with headlights on and off and no the vehicle isn’t modified with any lights or anything

Check all lights ,top brake light , direction light bulbs are correct .

The chime is normally an indication of light problems ,

Or do you think it could be the seat belt chimes.

Greg

one way to see do this .

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

This will cancel the seat belt chimes .if does not work with the drivers side then try with the passengers .

Greg

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman