Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2016 Renegade keeps dying and won't start. Got it in August…

Customer Question
2016 Renegade keeps dying...

2016 Renegade keeps dying and won't start. Got it in August and have had 3 batteries in it so far, without resolving the issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

3 brand new batteries since August - no corrosion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Renegade yourself? What have you tried so far?

The dealer keeps replacing the batteries

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/22/2018
Jeep Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Hi. You must have a draw on the system causing the battery to go dead. It could be from a module that is not timing out or from an aftermarket device that is installed or plugged in.. Your dealer needs to perform a battery draw test to see if that is the case.
Dealer now says it is a Body Control Module issue and they are replacing it and updating the codes.

It is possible as the body control module is essentially the fuse box. If it does not power down correctly it can cause a draw. They have been known to go bad occasionally. Please feel free to let me know the outcome or what the dealer says. Even after rating this chat session with the stars above, you can still feel free to bookmark this page and come back in the future if needed. Thanks

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!