Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I recently was left a1999 Jeep Cherokee by Mom month-end who…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** recently was left a1999 Jeep Cherokee by Mom month-end who passed away all of a sudden. There are some issues with the car oil hadn't been changed which we changed it, changed the pcv valve because the car would for while driving it and then wouldn't crank and was knocking terribly, there is smoke coming from the air intake valve and it's throwing oil into the air filter. When you hook a jump box or cables up to the car it'll start but won't idle unless foot is on the gas pedal and when you press the pedal it is making a very loud nose it off the metal area attached to the engine is drinking coolant and when you cut the car off I hear bubbling also had to take the thermostat of due to it fluctuating please help me on what to do I feel it may be fuel pump but what else could it be. I have small children with me and broke down no one to help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

How do I do either of those

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cherokee?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just jumped it and when we tried to drive back to the house after jumping it it cut off when out in drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes my boyfriend is I'll we are currently in a bad living situation so I don't have the resources to how a mechanic

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/20/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 3 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** wont be a bad fuel pump, if it is using coolant and running bad, you have a bad headgasket, and it is letting coolant into the cylinders, this will make it run rough and flucuate the temp gauge, you will need to have the headgaskets replaced,Tim

Are you still here?

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim