Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I recently hit a curb In my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My…

I recently hit a...

I recently hit a curb In my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My rear drivers side tire had a flat. Tow truck put my oem spare on the vehicle. Causing my tps light and electronic stability control light to come on. My steering wheel did a weird 15 percent angle to the right. Goodyear replaced my tire but forgot to do an alignment. So my steering wheel is still has a weird degree change. Would that be the cause of my electronic stability control light to stay on even if the tps light is now off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the light been on for some time?

Two days now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it’s a 2018 so I’m doing things with the dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that my main question regards ***** ***** alignment is not correct right now would that be the cause of the electronic stability right to remain on? I’m planning to get my alignment done at Goodyear but should the electronic stability issue be addressed at the dealer?

3/20/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

An alignment will be needed and then calibration done to zero everything back out so the ESC can work correctly again. It is in default mode now because it is seeing things outside of specs like the steering position sensor for one. A dealership will need to do the calibration work using their diagnostic tool.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. So from my understanding your saying the alligment is directly causing the electronic stability control light to turn on. That they are not two separate issues

I can not fully confirm there are not 2 issues without knowing what EX codes are stored. I can tell you a vehicle badly out of alignment though can cause the ESC system to not operate correct.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician