Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2000 Jeep Wrangler rear sprayer and wiper do not work. I…

Customer Question
2000 Jeep Wrangler rear...

2000 Jeep Wrangler rear sprayer and wiper do not work. I replaced the rear wiper switch in the jeep. I connected a battery to the rear wiper motor and it works. Front wipers and spray work fine. Rear fuse behind glove box was checked and was ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

I look at the fuse panel under the hood and all fuses were ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

All noted above and yes I am trying to solve the problem.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
3/19/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE PDF FILE FOR THE WASHER RESERVOIR AND REAR PUMP MOTOR AND THE SUPPLY LINE DIAGRAM , HAVE YOU CHECKED SUPPLY LINE IS CONNECT AND NOT OFF OF FROM THERE TO NOZZLE DID YOU FOLLOW THE LINE

UNPLUG THAT HOSE AND TRY ,DOES THE REAR PUMP WOKS

Please Let Me Know if you can view file and we continue

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The rear washer pump/motor unit features a small Direct Current (DC) electric motor. The motor is connected to the vehicle electrical system through a single take out and two-cavity connector of the body wire harness. The motor is grounded at all times through a take out of the body wire harness with a single eyelet terminal connector that is secured under a ground screw to the left cowl side inner panel below the instrument panel in the passenger compartment. The motor receives battery current through the closed contacts of the momentary rear washer switch circuitry within the rear wiper and washer switch unit only when the bottom of the switch rocker is pushed towards the instrument panel.

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Under right center of the dash, we have fuse # 6 a 20 AMP fuse and it goes to rea washer swithc from swithc to rear motor and the motor is grounded a ground point G302 ( left side kick panel)

so what are you missing , power or ground , or the the switch is bad

I highlighted in YELLOW the wiring circuit and what needs checked

click on link to view the highlighted wiring circuit and the location of Ground POINT G302

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 28 days ago

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat