Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

While driving on the freeway, the Jeep sputtered a little…

While driving on the...

While driving on the freeway, the Jeep sputtered a little and then it stalled . Tried to restart it , the engine turned but wouldn't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No I figured it would be something else ,since the engine turns.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2003 Grand Cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet,was thinking of replacing fuel filter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its up in mileage . little over 330 miles

3/17/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check for
spark at the plugs with a spark tester. Check compression too for
a possible valve timing issue with a compression gauge. You can
check fuel pressure with a gauge and all of these tools should be
available to you at your local parts store for rent or purchase. You
need to check for any stored codes in the computer with a code
reader or a scan tool. The code reader only gives the codes and
definitions, where the scan tool gives you all the needed data to
diagnose the codes.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Ok I will check it out and will let u know , thanks

You bet, thank you too and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link so we can continue this conversation after my rating.

I don't get any credit for helping you unless you rate me:)

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Thank You for your help. Replaced the fuel pump and the jeep is up and running. Thank You , Rey

Great to hear, thank you too.