Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have 202 jeep liberty low beam head lights not working.

high beams work. find daylight...
I have 202 jeep liberty low beam head lights not working. high beams work. find daylight relay missing plug in relay and low beams come on and stay on. are these 2 related? what should i be looking at
3/16/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would a wiring diagram help?

YES this very well could be related

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
possible causes would be a start

Sure thing.

one moment while I type

You have a low beam relay correct? Locate the low beam relay and see if it clicks when you turn the low beams on. If not, check the inputs to the relay. It should have two powers and one ground. Here are some possible causes.

• Blown fuse
  • Faulty low beam relay
  • Faulty junction block
  • BCM
  • Multi-function switch
  • Wiring issue

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where is low beam relay

In the junction block inside the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i ask because nothing is labeled inside of vehicle

Would a fuse/relay diagram help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hopefully

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we have more issues then just headlights. also find hi lo windshield wiper relay missing. plug it in and wipers do not shut off. I'm thinking bcm problem?

Thats correct. If all of the fuses and wiring check out good, this could be a faulty multi-function switch or a faulty BCM.

Do you have any further questions sir?

Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
looking around seems to point to bcm. we are gonna change it and see what happens thank you for your help

Sounds good your welcome!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was bcm. thank you for your help

YUP! That will do it! Glad to hear it is all fixed.

Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician