Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Ac compressor were out is there a way to bypass it. It is…

Ac compressor were out...

Ac compressor were out is there a way to bypass it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

It is the ac compressor not the Freon the compressor went bad

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2008 Jeep Liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am doing it myself just can't afford the compressor right now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not that I can think of

3/16/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, you will need a K060790 and route it as shown in attached diagram.

You will need to the remove the rear screw on the compressor and the one on the bottom left...only loosenthe right one..tilt up compressor and reinstall bottom left bolt and then tighten the right one

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

HI,

You do have one other choice - buy a compressor bypass pulley from NAPA, remove the compressor completely, install the bypass pulley in its place and use the original belt.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I couldn't find a bypass pulley for the 2008 jeep liberty

Sorry about, I should have verified. Just checked and A&M has discontinued the one for yours.

So you will have to do the bypass as I first described.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager