Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2007 jeep commander, no start (turn engine over) had key…

2007 jeep commander , no...
2007 jeep commander , no start (turn engine over) had key switch recall done 4 months ago. Battery new and charged. Selector switch fixed 2 months ago. Manual starter jump, starter ok. any ideas?
3/15/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

When you turn the key to try and start the engine do you hear a click noise coming from the fuse and relay panel in the engine area at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

no noise,nothing happens. The codes are: U1403, U1411, U1412

U1411-IMPLAUSIBLE FUEL VOLUME SIGNAL RECEIVED

U1403-IMPLAUSIBLE FUEL LEVEL SIGNAL RECEIVED.This can be a fault with the instrument gauge cluster or the PCM ( engine and transmission computer ).

U1412-IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED

This can be a fault with the anti-lock brake computer or the PCM.

Since all codes are related to a possible PCM internal fault the PCM is the most likely cause for these codes.Also, the PCM at fault will prevent starting as it is tied into the starting circuit.To help determine if this is the cause you will need a test light or multi meter to test electrical signals at the starter relay.I can walk you through this testing if you want just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

any way to make sure it the computer?

You would need to test the starter signals at the starter relay to see if the computer is sending a signal to start the engine.This is done with a test light or multi meter.I can tell you how to test this if you want if you have this tool or I can post the starter circuit diagram for you to do this testing if you like just let me know.

Thanks Pete

please tell me how and send diagram

Here is the diagram:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrr5hznuh1fltks/startter-03-15.pdf?dl=0

With the relay removed terminal 85 ( dark green wire with the orange stripe at the relay connection) should have a ground signal on it only when the key is held in the start position.If you have no ground signal on this terminal/wire at the relay then the computer is at fault with the codes you have set here and needs to be replaced.

Thanks Pete

OK no ground

This would indicate the computer has an internal fault needing to be replaced or that there is a broken wire leading from the computer to the relay itself.If you do not see any damaged or broken wires at or leading from the relay or computer then the computer will need to be replaced.

Thanks Pete

Do the computers need to be programmed to the vehicle? or are they like a lot of Chrysler just match up plug and play?

On this model, unfortunately, they do have to be programmed once it is installed.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
thanks

Your welcome