Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 20 17 jeep renagadewith 655 miles on it and has…

Customer Question
I have a 20...

I have a 20 17 jeep renagade*****with 655 miles on it and has been in 3 times for no start. all times the car turns over but the dealership says the car is not driven enough and that is why it dors not start. i dont think when you buy a new car it has to be driven too much to keep starting . i think this a battery or computer or electrical fuel problem . 25 years in the business and cant believe what they are telling me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It starts great but not driven long distances and is less than 1 year old

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Renegade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taken to liberty autocity 3 times for this problem and they dont know what problem is but said the car has to be driven more. i said how can you drive if it does not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think the battery might be sulfated cause they always say it was low when towed in or fuel problem or button to start car solinoide might be bad

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/15/2018
Jeep Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 3 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

There is a tsb for this. Did the perform the computer update

they say they checked the computer read out but nothing shows up. they say the battery is charged up and it starts. i said its a possiblr electrical draw but they say no i say possible bad battery because its too new to have have that problem. or a bad solinoide for the push button start. i know chrysler had problems with this years before.
i am going to the dealership tomorrow and see what they print as to the problem. i want them to print the car has to be driven x ammount of miles to start all the time or say when you buy this car with this engine it might not start if not driven x ammount of miles or this or that will happen. i dont think they will do that. the car ias less than 1 year old bought brand new no demo or anything. what do they do with new cars sitting in the back lot after shipment jump start to bring to customers? ha ha i dont think so
going to bed type back after you stop laughing

Does it require a jump start every time?

i will call you after i see and read what they determined the problem was. if it needs to be jumped it needs a battery, or there is a electrical draw down on the battery. but if the car cranks and wants to start then it is a fuel or spark issue. or a defect in starting system have not ruled out computer failure either

^^^exactly let me know