Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Back turn signals don't work - front work fine - hazards…

Back turn signals don't...

Back turn signals don't work - front work fine - hazards work up front but not back - changed bulbs - still not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I found the fuse box under the hood but don't know which is the fuse for the turn suignals signals

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

07 wrangler limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put in new bulbs - seemed strange that they both went out at the same time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
07 Wrangler limited X
3/14/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So the controls for the lights are from yout tipm which is your fuse panel underhood, more than likely you have a bad tipm, but if you have a multimeter or test light and are very proficient with electronics we can do some tests to check that,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not sure how to do that with a "test light" - is that the tool that has 2 wires coming out of it and a plastic end with a light?

It usually has 1 wire unless its a newer updated one, but this is some in depth testing are you well versed in electronics and troubleshooting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not so much...I can just take it somewhere local and have them test it. the manual doesn't show what fuse goes to the tail lights

the same fuse is for the font lights, you can check it of you would like, its fuse 50 in the underhood fuse panel

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ill go look - hold on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
looking at the map on the fuse box lid - I don't see a "50"
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
M1-M38 J1-J22 K1-K11

im looking now for that location, my diagmram and other information is not matching up, best way is just to check them all with your test light

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok - thanks

sure thing, let me know what you come up with

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician