Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a jeep commander 2006. I was doing routine

Customer Question
maintenance and all of a...
I have a jeep commander 2006. I was doing routine maintenance and all of a sudden after I was done I started having a ton of problems. Some months before my car started shifting erratically. I changed the TPS and the problem went away. Recently I noticed the car started taking long to start, it would crank for about 7 seconds and then start. I decided to change my spark plugs and coils, and my map sensor since I figured it could be related and wouldnt hurt. I started my car up and was having a hard time. I would have to turn the ignition to on, wait about 15 seconds to rebuild the pressure, and when it would start the car would be undriveable. Erratic shifting and car would turn off while driving. I managed to get the car home and check the codes. P0129 p0300 p0123 p0113. Yes i torqued the sparkplugs to factory specs, i gapped them at factory specs, i made sure the ignition coils were seated properly. I even pulled everything out and did it again to make sure I did it correctly. Where should I start?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/13/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The codes you mentioned show as a bad TPS again along with map sensor. It also seems you left the intake air temp located on the air boot disconnected when having the key on at one point. Have you tried disconnecting the MAP sensor and see how it starts after?

Do you have live data with your scan tool?

It seems the codes you mentioned show what you have already replaced.

Intake air temp code could be that you had key on at one point and left it disconnected

that is accurate. After having the problems the firt time around I took the spark plugs and coils out. Put them back in and left the air box off to see if it would start so that probably triggered that sensor. No i have not. Should i try that now?

Yes try that

No scan tool. Using live dtc report from ignition

I see

we need to do a reset on these codes and see what comes back to help narrow down the troubleshooting process

Ill get back to you in a few minutes

ok

Same deal with map sensor disconnected. Car is hard to start have to build pressure by turning to on and off and waiting. Onxe car starts it stutters runs for a bit when i start accelerating while parked it dies

ok, can we do a reset on the codes and possibly see what comes back.

Any way to reset codes without an obd2 scanner?

Only thing I can think of is disconnect the batter touch both terminals then reconnect battery. then recheck codes after attempting 3 start failures. I wish I could get a live data reading to help you even more