Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The four-wheel-drive lighting is all on. But it's running…

Customer Question
The four-wheel-drive lighting is...

The four-wheel-drive lighting is all on. But it's running into wheel drive. And the ABS and skid light are on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

No brake system

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2008 Jeep Liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am buying this car and wondered whether it was a short or a major problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It runs great and stops fine in*****but all lights are lit up on the dash

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/12/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Just from a professional standpoint, liberty are not that reliable, do you have another vehicle in mind you would like to purchase? And to answer your question a full diagnostic would need to be done to determine what repairs are needed to get the vehicle back to normal operation. Which should be done anyways when buying a used vehicle, 100$ inspection could save you 1000's on future mistakes or repairs