Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2007 Jeep Liberty, I need to remove the two screws that

Customer Question
2007 Jeep Liberty, I...

2007 Jeep Liberty, I need to remove the two screws that secure the lower shroud to the upper shroud on the steering column. What size are the screw heads? what size/type tool do I need to remove?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jeep Liberty. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's all i need

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/11/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician replied 4 months ago
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

The screws for the steering column shrouds should be a T20..........Torx 20. You can use a T20 screwdriver, or an extension and bit if you have something that will fit into the diameter of the hole. The screwdriver works the best though.

In some cases they are a #2 phillips,, but the Torx is by far the most frequent one we see.

When you are satisfied that I have answered your question, please provide a 5 star rating since this is how your expert is compensated for taking time out of their day to assist you. However, if you need any more info please reply back to me before you provide any rating, Thanks again!