Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Service 4wd, ABS, WARNING LIGHTS. Both. 2009 Liberty 4x4.

Service 4wd, ABS, WARNING...

Service 4wd, ABS, WARNING LIGHTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Both

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2009 Liberty 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just. Happened an hour ago- I'll take it to a garage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My concern is I need to drive my daughter to college tomorrow-60 miles

3/11/2018
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

When you get this combination of lights coming on it is typically an indication of just one issue and more often than not, that issue is a wheel speed sensor. What the shop will do is use their scan tool to retrieve the trouble codes and this will tell them which one of the 4 sensors is causing you grief. This is not an overly expensive repair so that is a good thing for you and as far as driving it he 60 miles........I don't see that causing any issues for you until you can get it into the shop.

With the lights being on your abs system will be disabled but your base brakes will still function totally normal.

I hope that helps to answer your question but if you need anything further just let me know. Thanks.

Mark
Thanks Mark,I gave you five stars for you insight re my Jeep. The mechanic dis exactly what you said and scanned the vehicle. He learned that a bearing in the front left wheel needed to be replaced. He also found something else.About a month ago I put on four new Goodyear snowtires. The mechanic noticed that three tires were the wrong size for the Jeep and only one was correct. The tire dealer replaced the tires, the mechanic replaced the bearing and now we're back to normalThanks again for your insight

That's great! glad you got it all fixed up........but not good that they mixed up your tires???