Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Factory subwoofer not working? Found preamp but has no light…

Customer Question
Factory subwoofer not working...

Factory subwoofer not working? Found preamp but has no light on under the dash. Is there a fuse for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I checked all of them under the hood in fuse box. The fuses that I could use a tester on without pulling were good and visual looked at the rest.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2010 wrangler

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying to fix it after son worked on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also have engine light on. Reset it and comes back on 2 years ago same problem dealer said replace brain and after a month the light was back on. I need to vet this inspected so I can get current tags.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/11/2018
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There is no fuse for the subwoofer. It is powered by the same amplifier as the rest of the speakers, if they are working then the amp is operating.

It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. Possible causes are the amp, wiring, or the subwoofer itself. A scan tool should be used to see if any fault codes are setting in the amp and then testing of the wiring and speaker can be done from there if necessary.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.