Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My power windows and door doesn’t work. Where can I find the…

My power windows and...

My power windows and door doesn’t work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Where can I find the fuse for it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can’t find to see if it’s the fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it I just need to know where the fuse is located for the windows

3/10/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Do all 4 windows not work?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
None of them as well as the power lock on the door

Okay, I see you requested a phone call but it looks like your payment did not go through. Do you want to try another card?

Chris

By the way, the fuse is # 12 a 50 amp in the under hood fuse box.

Chris

Click on the link below to see the wiring diagram.

Chris

What I have seen on these Jeeps is the wiring in that convoluted black rubber boot between the driver's door and body of the Jeep gets broken. So if the fuse is ok, peel back that boot and closely check the wiring for any broken wires. Let me know what you find.

Chris

Hello, were you able to see my last reply a few hours ago?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I check the fuse box under the hood and they look good to me

Ok, check those wires I mentioned and see if you find any broken wires.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok do I have to take the door frame off
Because it’s all 4 doors
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No power to the doors and windows when pressing the buttons no sound

No, just check the driver's door. Open it up all the way and peel that boot back and start pulling on the wires. If they are broken you will be able to tell.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok also how can you tell if a vehicle has been under water
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can that affect it to

Well yes a submerged vehicle can have issues, but the way to tell is to look at the framework under the dash and seats. If they are all rusty, then that is a good sign it has been under water.

Chris

Hello, any luck checking the wiring?

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not yet they will tomorrow

Ok, sounds good. I will look for your reply tomorrow. have a good evening!

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You to
Also the remote that came with the Jeep doesn’t work either
Do you think it could be because there’s no power going to the door locks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought the Jeep as is so I’m hoping that it doesn’t cost me to much to get power going into the windows and doors

The remote not working could very well be related to possible broken wiring so check that as soon as you can.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok because I have to manually lock the doors

Gotcha. Will look for your reply tomorrow.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good morning
I did what you told me and come to find out the wires in the door has all been cut and taped both driver and passenger side because it has a alarm

Aha! I thought so. Okay then you will have to try to repair them or worse case scenario replace that harness assembly. If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, then you may want to pay a shop to do this.

Glad I was able to help you find the problem, and I hope this information/answer was helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.

Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much

You are welcome! Please don't forget to rate or accept my answer using the rating system you see on your page. I will get no credit for helping you unless you do that.

Thank you!

Chris

Good morning! Just checking back to see if you can take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating or accept my answer. If you need further assistance please let me know
Thank you!Chris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Thank you. Let me know if you have problems trying to rate or accept.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Good afternoon
I just left O’Reilly and did a diagnostic check and these codes came up
P0308 ECM
P1716 TCM
P1792 TCM
15 ABS
14ABS
12 ABS
9 ABS
8 ABS
6ABS
17SRS
Could you tell me what these codes mean

Have you tried to accept my answer yet? I am not seeing it on my end.

Chris

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Thank you!

Chris

So the P0308 means that the PCM is detecting a misfire in cylinder # 8 (spark plug, ignition coil, injector or a compression problem). The P1716 code sets if the TCM cannot communicate with the PCM , and the P1792 just means that the TCM detected that the battery was disconnected. As far as the ABS codes and SRS codes, those are not familiar and if the ABS or airbag lights are not on, then don's worry about those.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Maybe have them all cleared next time you are at O' Reilly's.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok but I will need to change spark plugs and wires
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
a good oil change since it’s a older model Jeep

That is a very good idea. That would probably help.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I just got home and while driving my abs check airbags check gauges my battery even went down low my temp gauge and my fuel level went down low could you tell me what’s causing that problem

Hmmm, that sounds like possible low system voltage. The alternator may be going out. Ask your auto parts store to test the charging /alternator system.

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gas gauges went down temperature went down oil gauge down and speed omether went down

Could be a problem with the cluster or wiring. Could also be related to te problem with the door wiring. But do get the charging system tested

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman