Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The control buttons to unlock the passenger doors doesn't…

Customer Question
The control buttons to...

The control buttons to unlock the passenger doors doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes, it just started doing this last night and the keyless remote won't unlock them either.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2008 Jeep Liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything so far, was looking for an experts opinion first

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is about it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
3/10/2018
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is causing your power locks to not work. If the two doors stopped at separate times then you may have a wiring issue or one or both doors may have bad latches.

If both stopped at exactly the same time wiring or latches are still a possibility, but it may also be an internal failure in the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood).

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.