Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Security code?? Radio S/N T00 AM 314 6 T0943

3/10/2018
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

Did you buy a new radio and need a unlock code?

I bought the radio on an app and it has been used

Do you have the receipt for the radio and the vehicles registration?

I have the guys number that I bought it from and the S/N posted

Ok to get the unlock code you will need:

1- Receipt for radio showing it's not stolen

2-The registration for the vehicle the radio is going into

Once you have all this then bring it into us at any dealership and we can give the code in seconds and it's free... We are no longer allowed to provide the unlock codes here on a public forum due to theft..

Talk soon,

Brad

I just need to prove that it’s not stolen? I bought it with cash and didn’t get a receipt. How would I get a receipt if the guy also bought it through the app and didn’t get a receipt? I have the registration for my Jeep that I’m putting it in

Have the guy write you a bill of sale with the original vehicle VIN and the radios serial number and bring that in.. One of the reasons we can't give the code here is because guys in the past were getting codes for stolen radios. We need to verify it's not stolen and the vehicle registration and your in good shape..

We enter the vehicles VIN and the radio serial number on the computer and in seconds we will have the code for you.. And the code stays with the radio, it doesn't change no matter what vehicle you install it into..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Okay. I’ll try to contact the original owner. Do you think I could just enter random codes till I get it right?

Once you enter the wrong code too many times it will lock you out for 30 min..

This is the only way to get the code.. Hopefully the guy will not have a problem giving you a bill of sale, if not then it could be stolen and you would then need to inform the authorities..

Brad

The problem is that the guy I bought it from bought it from someone else so I’d need to get the receipt from the guy he bought it from right?

No the last guy will be fine. As long as his name is ***** ***** bill of sale. If the serial number comes back stolen then this proves you bought it from him. So when you get the bill of sale then just bring it and your registration and your in good shape.

Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech