Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Slow to get in drive shift very soft. 179.000 miles. 1999…

Customer Question
Slow to get in...

Slow to get in drive shift very soft

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

179.000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

1999 jeep grand cherrokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed filter fresh fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Codes p1726 p1726 p1787

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P1724
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a iPhone can you give me a answer
3/9/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 1 month ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

Would you like for me to give you the tests you need to perform to determine the cause of the codes you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have good pressure
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can it be a bad relay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is there to test I have a code reader
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
trans pan was clean no friction materal magnet was clean I tested line pressure it has to be electrical
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it drops in reverse quickly slow to drop in drive
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think it stuck in lockup

Just a minute while I gather some information for you..

Here are the three tests you will need to follow to determine the cause of your issues.. I suspect you could have a bad solenoid pack but after you run the tests you will be able to determine the cause..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

This question is still open? If you need more help feel free to reply and if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today..

Thanks,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech