Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I am about to change I'm the MANUAL transmission fluid on a…

I am about to change...
I am about to change I'm the MANUAL transmission fluid on a 2008 Jeep Patriot. How many transmission fluid quarts does this manual transmission require? Is there a transmission filter to replace?
3/9/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

there is no filter to replace on a manual transmission

6e0cf505-8729-46b6-9ad1-...PNG6e0cf50...PNG02c2a513-3342-4dae-ad35-...PNG02c2a51...PNGfeb265dd-bc6c-4c86-b760-...PNGfeb265d...PNG03fe12b0-5b57-4e7a-b95a-...PNG03fe12b...PNG
Thank you for the reply.
This is a manual transmission Jeep Patriot. The clutch pedal is sometimes hard for me to depress. My left knee hurts at times. Is there any way (conventional or unconventional) to make the clutch pedal softer?
Any suggesstions will be seriously considered.
The vehicle details are shown below:
2008 Jeep Patriot
4-cylinder engine
Manual transmission
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

There is no adjustment on the clutch pedal to either soften or firm up the pedal resistance when pushing it.

The only way you could make it softer would be to remove the return spring, take it to a hardware store and have them measure the resistance on it using a special spring tool, then have them match one up with same length but slightly less resistance.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
the resistance I am feeling when I depress the pedal is caused by the spring?
Coulsd you please describe how the spring may be removed? Is it difficult or easy to do? My skill level is intermediate. I know how to chain the oil and change timing belts.

HI,

You will have to disconnect the pushrod from the clutch pedal, then unbolt and remove the clutch pedal. The spring is tucked in behind a bracket on the pedal that you cannot get to it in the vehicle.

Let me see if I have a diagram of it for you

Ok. Please, let me know approximately how long it should take to remove the clutch pedal.Please, pardon any delays in my responses. I am about to drive to a nearby destination and texting while driving is illegal in Florida. I will read your responses.
For.the sake of confirmation.... The manual transmission on a 2008 Patriot 2.4L engine only takes about a little more than two quarts of transmission fluid, correct.

Correct - 2.1 qts

Thank you. I am trying to leave a bonus but the button to click is not showing on my cell phone screen. I will contact customer service tomorrow or later today.

no problem and while appreciated, tips arent required