Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2008 Wrangler 2dr, RHD, automatic. The brake lights…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Wrangler 2dr, RHD, automatic. The brake lights turn on when in park (idle) and I can hear a clicking sound under the shifter area. Just one of the several electrical issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

I just got it two weeks ago. I have not checked the brake fluid yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will be making the repairs myself, yes. I haven't tried anything yet. I wanted to see if there are known trial and error first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The esp and traction control lights come on at any time when driving and sometimes while parked (idle). This may be related. I read these may be an issure repairable by getting and alignment, but they may be all related.

3/9/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

we have a brake light switch that we need to check ,is the most common for this issue

but also we need to scan ABS MODULE FOR FAULTS USING A CAPABLE JEEP SCANNER

HAVE U TRIED LOCAL PARTS STOR ,LIKE ADVANCE AUTO OR AUTO ZONE THEY WILL SCAN IT FOR FREE AND GIVE U FAULTS

DID THE ABS WARNING AND BRAKE LIGHT ON ,HAPPENED SAME TIME ?

click on link to view pdf file for switch location and RR procedure

Please Let Me Know if can view the file
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hello Chad,
I can view the file, thank you. I am currently not at the vehicle, but will check the brake light switch when able. Is there a relay below the shifter that needs attention as well? This is where I hear the clicking every time the brake lights come on and off.

no relay ,i believe it could be the switch itself clicking ,it is common ,

just abs warning could be separate issue ,start with switch first ,

when u get home ,take cover off and put had on it and see if it is clicking

sounds good read below how to get back in touch with me later when u working on it and we continue

also try to get us faults from abs module

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

this how u test it

Wiring circuit diagram

Chad Farhat
Thank you, i'll be in touch.