Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 130k Miles. I just bought…

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited...
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 130k Miles. I just bought this used vehicle (overall A/A- condition) and the windshield wipers have been bypassed with wires from the fuse box to a switch hanging off the dash. I have replaced the wiper relay with the working horn relay (same relay part number) and have replaced the switch assemble on the column with no luck.I think I have found the correct wiper fuse but would like to confirm that.
3/9/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Your saying that the wipers no longer work and you are trying to figure out why?

Ok got it! A few things to note.

First, I need your engine size to look up any information on your vehicle including the correct fuse for this circuit.

Second, if the circuit has been bypassed for any reason, I would recommend to fix it correctly and put it back the way it was or how it should be.

My wiring diagrams wont match up to anything aftermarket on your vehicle if this is the case

4.7
Liter V8

Thank you. One moment please

Circuit had been bypassed... did you get the pictures I sent?

YES, I did, thank you.

The fuses for this (according to my wiring diagram) are the following..

• Fuse 29 (in the junction block)
  • Circuit breaker 1 (in the junction block)
Is the junction block on top of the right fender well in the engine compartment?

The junction block is inside the vehicle.

Under the steering wheel in front of the drivers left knee?

The junction block is located on the left side of the dash.

Here is a wiring diagram of the wiper circuit. You can use this if your able to read a wiring diagram. You can see for yourself the fuses that power up this circuit. There are other fuses as well but they power up or supply power to the BCM. I would think these would be OK as the other functions of the vehicle work correct? However, you could still check the rest of the fuses just to be sure they are good.

Thx. It might be a few days before I get a chance to get back to you...

Your welcome! Keep in mind this is a "starting point". My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Ok .... more than a few days...
Fuses all test good
On wiper on/off relay #32 in the fuse/relay box on the top of the right front fender there is power on 87 when the key is on...

Hello!

What exactly is your question?

I just got back to a problem you were helping me with abt 6 weeks ago .... can you still see the older posts?

Yes I can. Can you speak on the phone?

Please accept my offer and call me now