Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

No flashers and no hazards. 2001 Jeep tj. Replaced the relay…

No flashers and no...

No flashers and no hazards

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2001 Jeep tj

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TJ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the flasher relay then the multi switch then just bought another relay no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

238345 yes starts great

3/9/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

A​t the multifunction switch check black/grey and black/white wires for power with key on. Let me know, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No power on either

Check the 20 amp fuse in location 7 under hood, let me know if it is blown and if not check to see if it has power. let me know, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Super it was blown! I didn’t have another one right now so I used a flat blade between the two terminals the flashers work! But the hazards when turned on don’t work and the new relay makes lots of noise?

Check the 10 amp fuse in location 13 of interior fuse box, I think that is also blown. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No the 10 amp fuse is good!

Double check for power at the black/gray wire going to switch with key on, it should have battery voltage. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks I’ll let you know my son is just gone to get a fuse

Thanks, ***** ***** updated. We should be able to figure this out easy enough.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now there is power on both!

Backprobe the two wires so you can monitor power with switch plugged in. CHeck to see if each wire maintains good power while trying to use hazard switch, if so then I think switch is problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

No problem, I'm happy to help. I'll be here if you end up needing anything so make sure to let me know. Thanks again and please do not forget to rate answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much! I will rate the answer excellent!

I appreciate it, make sure to let me know if you need anything. Have a good evening.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much the flashers work perfectly I think I’m just going to leave well enough alone that is all I wanted! Have a great evening!

Thanks, I'd probably do the same thing if it were my personal vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for everything!

No problem, I'm happy you can drive around with signals again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Me too!

F​eel free to let me know if you end up needing anything, you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks!

No problem, I need to be the last to reply otherwise it shows someone is waiting for me but let me know if you end up needing anything. Thanks again and do not forget to click on star icons to rate answer.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician