Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I will replace the timing chain at either 120000 or 150000…

I will replace the timing...
I will replace the timing chain at either 120000 or 150000 miles (based on the assumption that a new timing chain should decrease the probability of a broken chain and cylinder head). Do you have any words of wisdom about that procedure to save me time and money when I perform the replacement of all timing components?
3/8/2018
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

If you wanted to replace the timing chain at 120K that would be ok or at 150K. I have seen these engines with over 200K and no issues but if your concerned about having a timing chain issue then you can go ahead and replace it if you will feel better about it....

Brad

If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to ask..

I also attached the directions for the timing chain, for you to read over....

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech