Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a front end wobble, when I take off, only then. 2014…

Thank you. I...

Thank you. I have a front end wobble, when I take off, only then.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2014 cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have had an alignment and tires balanced and rotated. Not working on it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

They have about 5,000 miles on them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

3/7/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Are there any noises with this issue here at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Pete, there are no noises at all.

Does the steering wheel shake side to side with this issue or is it just a vibration felt in the floor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Pete, I found an answer. It is called a JK wobble. I don't believe there is a fix yet. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome

The JK or death wobble is caused by loose or damaged steering components or suspension components.This is a tough wobble to pinpoint but usually if a dealer or reputable repair center puts it up on a lift they can check all steering components, axles and suspension components for play and wear and locate it.It tends to be one of these components that causes this fault needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Pete, Technician