Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I'm trying to install an OEM radio and was told the anti…

Customer Question
I'm trying to install...

I'm trying to install an OEM radio and was told the anti theft code was 1044... not sure how to enter a 0... suspecting its the wrong code... Can you help me get the code??

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

The radio was allegedly taken out of a new 2017 wrangler and I installed it into my 2018.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried 5 codes and got a please wait 30 minutes error...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
S/N is T 82 QN 284 6 14401
3/7/2018
Jeep Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 4 months ago
mike switzer

that is not the correct code. you need the vin number from the vehicle the radio came out of and the serial number from the new radio for a dodge dealer to access the code. they closely guard those codes. i used to be able to call them for you but all the dealers near me what to see the vehicle in person now.

Thanks for the answer... although I asked the question here, as I saw a similar one answered as part of the advertisement to sign up. So... If I don't have the vin of the jeep it came from - am I totally screwed?? or just systematically start entering the 3000 possible combinations??
Jeep Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 4 months ago

not totally. i have seen them be able to recover the password ***** their scan equipment. which would require the vehicle be taken to the dealer.