Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

While driving the uconncet system updated. Immediately after…

While driving the uconncet...

While driving the uconncet system updated. Immediately after the upgrade the engine malfunction light came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Jeep Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2014 jeep Cherokee, latitude with 42,000 miles. Just had the TCM replaced last week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Too scared to touch it. Was planning to take it to the dealer. I am traveling.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

3/4/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, do the following -

Within 5 seconds turn the key in the ignition on-off-on-off-on, leaving in the on position(position just before cranking). Now look at the odometer and fault codes should scroll across as Pxxxx codes, example P0740

Do this and let me know the codes. Sometimes it will take a couple of tries to get them

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Hello, I was able to take it to the dealership. BTW I never got a error code and the malfunction light went off. Thank you for responding.

Ok, you are welcome

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager