Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 06 liberty at the relay I am missing the ground…

I have a 06 liberty...
I have a 06 liberty at the relay I am missing the ground signal that turns on the relay sending power to the compressor
2/20/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, and welcome to just answer. That ground signal comes from the PCM (engine computer) but only if the PCM sees that the pressures in the AC system are good and if it sees the request from the AC button on the dash. If the system is low on refrigerant or a pressure switch is bad, then it will not ground the relay. Have you verified that the system has sufficient refrigerant?

Chris

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
it was evacuated and a weighed charge installed
Ok, I have seen issues where the low pressure cut off switch on top of the accumulator can fail. Try disconnecting the 2 wire connector on that switch and jump the terminals in the connector with a small wire. See if the relay will now energize the compressor clutch.
Thank you for the positive rating!Chris