Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

When I turn the ignition on my 07 commander it seems to get…

Customer Question
When I turn the ignition...
When I turn the ignition on my 07 commander it seems to get excited turning on and then a high pitched whine especially when accelerating from stop and turning the wheel any ideas
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
2/18/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician replied 4 months ago
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to JA my name is Mark.

My first thought is you may have a low power steering fluid level and this could explain what you're hearing. If you haven't already, I would suggest you check the fluid level and see if it is down.

Let me know what you find.....