Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee. I put in a new battery. The…

i have a 2015 Grand...
i have a 2015 Grand Cherokee. I put in a new battery. The problem is that ,I am not getting anything to turn on. If I press the Start/Stop button nothing happens. No power at all. The only thing I notice is the dome light are flashing.
2/10/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! Can you send pictures of the main battery connections?

Ok those look great! so next step is to do a rundown on the fuses under hood something must be blown somewhere, prob a main fuse but best to check them all, if you have a multi meter or test light that would be the best way, this way you can confirm voltage and a good fuse

hows it going?

I checked all the fuses and there are all good !

is it starting now? is there any warning lights on?

not starting at all. I have no ignition lights. I can press the on/start but it is not turning on anything. its not going to the accessory or run position.
the only thing is when I open the door the all dome lights are flashing.

ok with all doors closed have you tried locking the vehicle and unlocking with the fob ?

I tried that , but no response from pressing the buttons on FOB ( I tried both FOB and even put new batteries in )!

is there a little red light blinking in the dash?

there is no red light flashing. no horn, no headlights or taillight.
I put in a new battery , and I checked and battery voltage is going into the Relay box.
Do you think I have a bad push button ignition switch?

no there must be a main fuse blown, when you checked the fuses did you verify voltage with a meter?

all fuses I pulled out and checked continuity on all big fuses in the engine compartment.
what do you call the main fuses ( the big 40 and 50 amp , or the little 5, 10 , 15 amp) ?
Are the main fuses located in the main fuse box in the engine compartment?

yes all the main fuses are in the engine compartment and you also need to check voltage to the fuses, bgf is 30amp and up

i checked and all the main fuses have voltage. I noticed that the word OFF is lit up in the ignition switch, even thought I keep pressing it , it does not change from off.

it may not recognize the key, remove the key your using atleast 10 feet away from vehicle and try a different key and use the fob itself to push the start stop button

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for the late reply. I was doing more test.
So I tested the run/crank wire coming out of the rf-hub in the rear of the vehicle and when I press the start button on the dash I get a voltage coming out. I followed it and it goes to the Bcm
So I decided to replace the bcm. I got a known good one with the same part number ( only the 2 last letters were different) . Now I am getting all my ignition lights , horn , power windows , dome lights , everything comes on , but the engine does not crank over.
it is telling me to press clutch and the start button. but I don't have a clutch pedal , mine is a automatic!

You will have to have that programed to your car

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician