Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Have a friend with a 2012 Jeep Liberty. She has had the

Customer Question
Have a friend with...

Have a friend with a 2012 Jeep Liberty. She has had the Battery replaced three times and the alternator along with starter. Still gets Battery light and engine surges to around 4k after about 15 minutes. Checked her fault Codes and had P0562 ( Low Power). What's next

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Both have been tested and replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got involved. Other than what she told me has been replaced all I've done is check for codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hopefully that's enough info. Only thing that has not been replaced is ECM.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/7/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Vladimir Grodskiy, Automotive Electrician replied 5 months ago
Vladimir Grodskiy
Vladimir Grodskiy, Automotive Electrician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you with this issue.

If they used a genuine alternator and it did not make any difference ( i mean still not charging battery starlight after replacing alternator), then next step would be to check:

1) +12V on the thick battery cable at the alternator ( 13mm but holds that cable)

2) Make sure two wires at the alternator connector are not broken inside the insulation ( just near the connector)

3) Check two wires for continuity between the PCM and alternator connector. At the PCM connector C2 Pin 19 - Brown /dark green wire, and Connector C1 pin 24 - Grey/red wire. Also make sure the wires are not short together or to ground.

If all tests OK, then the PCM could be the reason.