Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

How can I turn off the air bag chime on my jeep jk? Just…

How can I turn...

How can I turn off the air bag chime on my jeep jk?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Just started. Thd light is on as well. I am in the car alot...I have kids ...2011 Jk 142000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Jeep?

Sahara

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Custom, skme work I do myself

1/24/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. The ONLY way to turn off the chime and light is to see what air bag circuit is at fault and then have it repaired. It could be a clock spring behind the steering wheel, the air bag itself, or a wiring issue.

What you need to do is to have a shop or dealer scan for the airbag codes and then see what it is. Then the proper repair can be performed. After that, the chime and airbag light will go off.

Chris

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
nothing I can do myself...I Hate the dealership...

Yeah, I have to be honest. However you can ask the auto parts store to read the airbag codes and then have an independent shop do the repair, It may be less expensive that way. Worth a try anyway huh?

Chris

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Bummer...

Most auto parts stores will read the codes for free by the way.

Chris

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Thank you! I will keep this session open for you for a few days just in case you have any follow up questions!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman