Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

I have too keep adding engine coolant to my 2011. Grand

I have too keep...

I have too keep adding engine coolant to my 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

Grand Cherokee in temp gauge went pass half way Car has 80000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just start happen 3 days ago

1/23/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

It's a closed system. If you have to keep adding coolant, then what you really need to do is have a pressure test done on the cooling system to try and locate the leak. This is a safe way to find out what's leaking and then have it repaired or repair it on your own, whichever the case may be, but if you have to add, you have to find the leak first.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is reason for the temperature gauge going pass half way

Yes, when it gets low on coolant, it can't cool the engine properly and the temp will rise. Once the leak is repaired and it will keep the coolant in it, the temp will return to normal.

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician