Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The other day my 2014 jeep Cherokee trailhawk had a fault of…

The other day my...

The other day my 2014 jeep Cherokee trailhawk had a fault of service 4wd system pop up, what should I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No noise just the light comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee Trailhawk yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing that's why I asking

1/22/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The light that has come up is to indicate to you that a fault is detected with one of the 4wd components.This can be a failing actuator or sensor or even the 4wd control switch, control module or wiring at fault.There are several reasons for this to come on.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle to read all computers in it.Once this is done any codes set ( and there will be at least one code set ) will then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.

So the fault codes do need read out with a compatible computer or scan tool plugged in to see what codes are set for the 4wd system.Then diagnosed and repaired.Most shops or a dealer can read out and diagnose the codes as well as repair them for a fee.A local parts store in some cases can read out the fault codes at no charge to you.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but they can read out the codes and give you an idea of the fault set.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Pete, Technician