Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

No power the blower motor and the fuse is good. Did

No power the blower...

No power the blower motor and the fuse is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Did fluctuate now none at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2002 wrangler tj

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, pulled plug from blower motor no power fuse is good. power going into relay none coming out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Replaced heater resistor 2 weeks ago due to fan not working on lower speedsa

1/21/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your vehicle as well as if it has manual heater and ac controls or AUTO with AUTO temp settings?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

manual
4.0
hello

I am here,I apologize.I am looking at some diagram info now on this and will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

Just to make sure here.

Fuse 1 which is a 40 amp fuse in the power distribution center must be good

Fuse 6 which is a 10 amp fuse in the other fuse box must be good as well

Make sure you have checked both of these fuses.If these have already been checked let me know here so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

let me check

O.k.,let me know what you find here when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Fuses are good . I pulled the relay out and jumped the ht lead to the green supply wire to the blower motor and mtor works. Heading out to find replacement relay. Thanks, bye

That was my next step was to check the relay signals to see if the relay was the cause.That is great to hear the fault has been located.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician