Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Cranks no start scanner says no asd sense signal at ecm. 9th…

Cranks no start scanner...

Cranks no start scanner says no asd sense signal at ecm

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

9th month 2002 it has coil pack ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced ecm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have fuel pressure and spark

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Your saying there is no spark while cranking?

What size engine do you have?

Is this a jeep or a Dodge?

What is the code in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Sounds good.

Please request a phone call on your end and I will call you right away

Ihave spark and fuel pressure
Its a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 2002

Than you for that information.

Was there a code stored in the computer?

If so, may I know the code please?

Scanner says no sens signal from asd relay i think the code is 1389

Thank you.

So the engine has spark and fuel but the engine does not start?

Corect

Does it run on starting fluid?

R u still there

yes

Can you post your VIN for me?

Also, lets see if the engine runs on starting fluid.

Let me know!

It will run on starting fluid vin is 1j4gw48s43c562927
After trying to start plugs r dry like injectors arent working

Excellent! Thank you for that information.

Are you able to check injector pulse? Can you check this for me using a noid light?

If the injectors are working, maybe the vehicle has bad gas. Have you tried to flush the fuel out of the tank and fill the tank with fresh fuel?

It won’t light noid light

Do the injectors have power while cranking?

Not with noid light .

Ok, check it using a test light or voltmeter.

Won’t light a test light either

Ok if there is no power to the injectors but there is power to the ignition coil/pack, then you have an open or a break in the power supply wire from the ASD relay to the injectors. It is as simple as that. Just locate the faulty wiring and fix it and you will be good to go!

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Have a great day!

I have spark and fuel pressure while cranking
02 jeep 4.0 4x4 computer part #56044 Serial#teh26824zxad. It also says 632AE
Does power for the injectors come directly from the asd

YES sir is does. We can speak on the phone if it would be easier for you

Can we talk Monday

YES we may. Please provide me with a 5 star rating for assisting you with your question thus far tonight. We can still talk on the phone Monday.

Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician