Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Power door lock quit working along with othersymtom....radio…

Power door lock quit...

Power door lock quit working along with othersymtom....radio works but every time ignition is switched off/on the time on the radio goes to "12:00". tried replacing the 30 amp cb but no help. ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Only diagram I have is the owners manual. only fus that's blown is the dome light and some other stuff in the #2 slot. can'treplace that one as the dome lites, etc, stay on all the time because the door jamb swith doesn't shut them off (just ordered 2 new jamb switches)

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Jeep?

'92 Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and as I said I replaced the 30 amp cb in cavity 6. see above for note about 15 amp fuse in cavity 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about does it. thanks

1/19/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

sorry for the delay........
There are "2" Fuses that power the Radio, Clock & Locks
1 is Ignition Switch fed
The other is Constant Voltage +
The Clock will reset to 12:00 when the Constant Voltage + Fuse is bad or out
I show Fuses "2", "9", & "15" located in the Inside Fuse Panel

.

Let me know if you need further

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic
Problem solved! Thank you Don.

THANK YOU

Thanks for using J/A