Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2010 grand cherokee and the alarm will not turn…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 grand cherokee and the alarm will not turn off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

I have used both key fobs, tried manually locking and unlocking with the key, disconnected the battery for a spell, and the car will start while the alarm is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

It will start but the alarm will not shut off

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/19/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 4 months ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

You can't disarm the alarm by turning the key in the door..

Alarm (VTSS) goes off when unlocking doors with a key. Door lock cylinders no longer have door
disarm circuits. The security alarm can only be disarmed with a programmed key registered to the
vehicle. Once the alarm has been triggered, and valid unlock lock request is required by remote or by
inserting a programmed key into the ignition and turning it to the run position. Changes to the door
lock disarm functions improved the vehicles security allowing only the vehicles electronic systems to
disarm with a valid programmed key.

If the keys will not disarm the alarm then you will need to have the dealership check the keys and the SKIM module which the keys "Talk" to to see which is faulty... This will require a scantool to perform this type of repair..

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech