Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Have a 2009 Jeep Commander. It starts immediately when

Customer Question
Have a 2009 Jeep...

Have a 2009 Jeep Commander. It starts immediately when "cold" and runs about 10 minutes and quits. Wait an hour or so and it starts again and runs about 10 minutes. Battery is fully charged and fuel pump pressurizers and shuts down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

It belongs to a friend. I will have to ask him.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have some mechanical experience but no diagnostic equipment so will probably take to the dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have read the "fixes" for older jeep's. Looks like the anti-theft system has caused a lot of problems over the years. Like "runs 2 seconds" etc.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/17/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Once it stalls. Will it only crank?

Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris