Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I keep getting est on changing the 2011 jeep grand Cherokee…

I keep getting est...

I keep getting est on changing the 2011 jeep grand Cherokee trail limited of $550.00 I don't think its that hard to take 2 screws and a drip bucket and the air housing off. Is this correct? also I see my thermostat on the left side is this correct? most are on the right.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

I have 62,000 the problem is the thermostat keep getting stuck and cold air start coming in instead

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to because of the cost sofar I haven't done anything

1/16/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Your question came though weird, what is going on with your 2011 jeep grand Cherokee?

the thermostat is sticking at times and cold air comes in and not the hot air my skill level is very good on cars trucks heavy equ.

how do you know its the thermostat?

The thermostat is. Sticking and when it does cold air blows in I would like to changing it myself my skill is very good on cars trucks and heavy equipment

ok cool, ill send you the instructions for that I just need the engine size

It’s a V8 and if I’m right it’s on the left side and not the right as most are is this correct

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk5a1x57kp1o6x8/wed10.docx?dl=0

and yes the left side, here is the breakdown

I had

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Thanks Shawn

your very welcome, have a great day!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician